- Who we collect information on
- What information we collect about you?
- How will we use the information about you?
- Sharing your information
- Access to your information and correction
- Other websites
- How to contact us
Who we collect information on
We collect personal information on our customers, which include applicants, residents and former residents. The information could also include details of family members and people associated with you
We collect personal information on current, potential and former employees. This includes Board Members and volunteers.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you register with us for accommodation and when you take one of our homes. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys and provide feedback. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
We collect information when you apply for employment with Durham Aged Mineworkers’ Homes Association and when an offer of employment is taken up.
How will we use the information about you?
We use the information to
- enable you to be re-housed in a property appropriate to your needs
- assist and support you when living in a DAMHA property, including welfare benefits advice
- receive your weekly maintenance charge and related service charges
- provide a repairs and maintenance service and a planned improvement programme
We use the information to
- enter into contract with you and pay your monthly salary and any associated expenses
- manage employees’ benefits with 3rd parties e.g. pension providers; occupational health and EAP
Sharing your information
We will not share your personal information without your consent unless allowed by law.
Organisations we will share your information with include:
- Durham Aged Mineworkers’ Homes Association’s Contractors – to enable your repairs and improvements to be carried out and correspondence to be printed.
- Statutory Bodies – such as Local Authorities and DWP for Council Tax, Housing Benefit and Universal Credit
- Courts, Debt Recovery Agencies and Utility Companies – where any outstanding debt impacts upon Durham Aged Mineworkers’ Homes Association
- Health Services – Hospitals and Doctors where there are concerns over your wellbeing
- Police & Fire Service – where there is a safeguarding issue or where a crime has been committed
- Pension Company
- Probation Service (where appropriate)
- Courts – where there are attachment of earnings etc.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at Head Office. You may ask us to correct or remove information that you feel is inaccurate.
How to contact us
write to us at: PO Box 31, The Grove, 168 Front Street, Chester le Street, Co Durham.DH3 3YH