The report, published by the Northern Housing Consortium, looks at the contribution made to the economy in the North of England by housing associations.
It considers the jobs and value created by day-to-day activity such as housing management and repairs and maintenance, as well as house building itself. Among its findings are:-
- Housing organisations support over 116,000 jobs across the region
- Housing organisations support £10.3bn worth of output expenditure in the region
- Nearly 700,000 northerners benefit from community investment work by housing organisations
- Last year, 8,400 new homes were completed by housing organisations
- 41,600 people are employed directly by housing organisations in the north.